Saturday, March 11, 2006

A post from IAH ...

I am posting from the George Bush Intercontinental airport in the Houston on my way to West Lafayette. As I promised, I shall talk about how my meeting went yesterday with my guide.

Firstly, when you originally plan for a meeting exceeding half and hour in duration and are forced to compress that into fifteen minutes, there are bound to be lapses in communication, misunderstandings, so on and so forth.

So, I had to compress all my findings into that precarious 3:45 to 4:00 pm slot … and therefore had to skim rapidly through the slides. As a result, slides that I had originally wanted to spend 5 minutes on were given a raw deal.

The presentation concluded with him saying “I’ll think about it”. And I got an email from my guide in the evening saying that there was something wrong with what I did. He had misunderstood the whole thing … And now I will have to spend a lot of labour in trying to convince him that I am not all that wrong.

Oh well, that is life.

And now I am at IAH, having sipped my Starbucks … armed only with my laptop, having checked in everything else. No hassles. Had to wake up early to catch the shuttle to the airport. Have two hours to kill right now. Ouch.

Possibly, some music? Or will I miss out on the announcements? Well, as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I’ll probably walk around the terminal too .. this place is more like a mall with departure gates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home