Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ditto

I am ashamed to say this: there is absolutely no variety in my life. Lots of people who know me (and sleep in my company while I attempt to converse with them) will agree. I am a very boring person.

For instance, what I did yesterday, I am doing today. With only subtle differences, like sitting on al different bench in the library and lunching at a different place and wearing different clothes. So, as you would have guessed by now, I am within the confines of the library yet again; about to "embark on a journey" into the fascinating literature of porous media and how they can be applied to my PhD problem.

Thanks to MacDonalds improving its coffee, America seems to be a happier nation now. The cheapest coffee in America just got better - and no one is complaining. It is an interesting statistic that, whenever, I look into a trash can I see at least one empty MacDonalds coffee mug within it. Whoever I come across is carrying that paper cup they give you at MacDonalds to contain your coffee.

The lit survey borught out some startling revelations yesterday. For instance, using a channel partially covered with a Porous medium is actually BAD for the heat trasnfer within that channel. I found some 7 or 8 papers saying the same thing - even for Turbulent flow within the channel. The only way to improve that is, of course, to cover the whole channel with the Porous medium. I speculate that this rather intriguing behaviour is due to the tendency of the fluid to take the path of least resistance.

More details on this when I actually make a presentation to my guide. I will also upload his response -- just for the record.

I had some fun working out yesterday .. the usual 300 calories plus the run in the jogging track. I got really tired during the run too .... I was trying for speed. The goal is to build up a respectable stamina .. something that I totally lack now.

And the roomie slept in the hall yet again. I think one will have to put one's foot down soon.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Rap said...

Is it MacDonalds? Or am I confusing myself with the Apple?

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Rap said...

Just to set the record straight, the enhanement of heat transfer occurs even for a "partially covered" porous medium, when the conductivity ratio is amply high.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home