Friday, June 09, 2006

New Apartment

It's June right now. And I'm apartment hunting. Or I was apartment hunting until today. I saw one today. An "efficiency". And I think I will take it.

It will cost a little more than what I am paying now. And that will be exacerbated by the fact that my pay, in all probablility will actually decrease! My guide will have to support me as a Research Assistant: which means that he will pay me. The money that he shall provide me will probably be lesser than what I am earning now. Some sort of existence will have to be eked out; wireless connections will have to be be stolen; meals will have to be sacrificed. Even more so, if I want to live in my own place!

I've been looking at places all around the city. I still found the one I saw today the best. I guess I will proceed to take that up. The location is very nice - almost where I am right now. Walking distance to the university. Safe too, I suppose. And I think the parking is under a tree or something. Will keep cool in winter.

I really want to get out of the place that I am "living" in right now. The room mate crashes downstairs (and never cleans the kitchen), the bed is crawling with bed-bugs, the air conditioner does not work in my room.

Life is quite good here, despite all that. I am playing tennis regularly. I am gradually getting used to driving the car everywhere. Good for me, I guess.

Oh well. There's no more points to be made right now. Had some rajma for dinner. Lumpy, unlike mom's. Maybe next time I could grind the onions and tomatoes.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Radha said...

Jaanu, go ahead with the apt you like...Don't worry abt money...You need to be happy, at the end of everything...And don't scare me by saying that you will have to sacrifice on food !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home