Friday, May 19, 2006

Driving

Driving in the US of A is a pleasure, especially if you have driven in India. You don't feel scared your car is going to "die" at traffic signals (thanks to the automatic transmissions), your left leg is free (should you want to dance about). There's two meters of space between two consecutive cars. And you can coast at speeds known only to truckers and airplanes in India.

It is a piece of cake a drive here. Everyone obeys rules here: Indicators are followed like the holy bible is followed here; speed limits are respected. Miles are covered faster than kilometers are covered in India. Roads are wide, to say the least.

So, it is extremely ironic that I managed to fail my driving test here. Apparently, I merged into traffic too hastily, and should have allowed a car some 200 meters away to pass before me. The examiner (for that is what she is) said "That car was coming way too fast for you to turn. Come back next time". She must be paid by the volume of people whom she "examines", not by the hour.

I will have to disturb a friend early morning next week again. Woe is him, not just me.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Rap said...

Second time lucky?
I've got my driving license today. I kind of "screwed up" in the parallell parking (the first time I ever screwed up in that!). I guess I must have done pretty well in the other places! I scraped through.

I bought a car in a Hurry. An eagle talon made in 1995. Nice little thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home